Sunday, November 2, 2014

Fall Is In The Air...

I'm sure that where you live you are feeling fall in the air.  Cooler temps and the clocks turned back for most parts of the country,.  I'm one of many that dislike the time change and wish they would do away with this nonsense.  However, many of you are probably enjoying the beauty of the fall colored leaves.  
Today this card is for a special friends birthday, who I never forget.  Her name is Ann.  Ann has MS quite severely and is  home bound and in her wheel chair daily so I always try to make something hoping to brighten her birthday.  While her birthday is in November I'm hoping she'll appreciate this one with the pretty fall colored leaves?
This year I chose to incorporate these pretty fall color leaves that I bought one afternoon while shopping in a home decor store where I live. Yes...a home decor store not a craft store.  They came in a package and were tiny enough for my cards so I picked them up and said "what the heck"?   I added a few Diamond Stickles glue to the leaves to help glam them up. (It really didn't photograph well). I had these pretty pearls that are attached to clear wire and placed them on my card for added interest protruding from the sun burst..
I really like this sun burst embossing folder.  My sweet friend Peggy Dollar was kind enough to send me a few of these sun burst embossed images to me.  That was extremely sweet of her and I truly do appreciate it!  She sent several to me a long time ago but I waited for something that I thought would look special with it.  I felt it looked like the sun radiating behind the leaves.
It won't be long and with Thanksgiving around the corner  and we will soon be celebrating Christmas again.  So I'm off to finish more of my Christmas projects to share with you again later.  Next week I'll share my sixteen Christmas cards that I had to make for a Christmas Card exchange at my ladies card club that I belong to and attend once a month.  

Toodles girls....stop back again soon!  I loved having you visit!

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Leanne, and your friend will love all these fantastic colours and textures. Have a Good Day. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leanne, this fall card is absolutely gorgeous. Your friend will love and treasure it. I love the stickles added to the leaves. It adds such a touch of elegance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh Leanne this is superb. Your friend will surely love it. It is such a pity that this sunburst embossing folder is no longer available. Really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very sweet card Leanne, your friend will love this ray of sunshine. I, too, am glad we are back on normal time. I dislike daylight savings . . . so happy the clocks were moved back to normal time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning Leanne and love your Autumn colours

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! I'm sure you friend loved it.!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking your time to comment. I love hearing from you. Thanks....

Don't Forget To Leave A Comment...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...