Monday, May 7, 2012

Happy Mother's Day...


With Mother's Day right around the corner... it's with great pleasure to show  this one to you.  Doesn't this one look like something a mother would love?  Sadly, I lost my mother many years ago to cancer.  But... Mother's day doesn't pass without special memories that come flooding back of her, and extremely happy times that will be forever etched in my mind.  So... I made this lovely card front in memory of her and hoped to show it off to you. 


 
Since I do love this Anja Marianne Die Cut so much, I tried be creative with the die cut and doubled up with this cut for the bottom rather than just one solid die cut.  It was a bit tricky but I did managed to create the look I was hoping for.  I ran the die cut starting at the right side through my Big Kick and then stopped running it completely through.  I then again, put the die cut where I stopped running it through and ran it again the second time stopping it at the same place.  There is a slight over cut in the center where the two dies meet, but it still looks good.  If I had to do this again....I'm not so sure I'd be that lucky to stop and start my die cut in the exact place again.


I hoped by placing the card on its back it would help you see that it is one solid piece of paper and not two.  I know it may look like it, but it isn't two pieces, trust me.  If it was two pieces it would show at the top where the embossed flourish design is showing very lightly.  I then also ran my "Petals-A-Plenty" embossing folder from Stampin'-Up  to the very top of the paper for more embossed dimension.


To all mother's out there... I know it's not an easy job.  But our children are a gift
from the Lord and an absolute true blessing for each of us. 
I wish each of you mothers a very blessed and...

Happy Mother's Day!!!!



Supplies Used:


Stamps: None

Paper:  Reflections /Light Pink From Michael's, Whisper White, Reflections/Light Green,                   Reflections/ Green and Pink Plaid

Ink: None

Punches: Stampin'-Up Scallop Trim Boarder

Die Cuts:  Marianne Design Leaf and Flowers LR0156, Marianne Desing Creatable's LR0202

Embossing Folder: Stampin'-Up Petals-A-Plenty

Accessories:  Prima Flowers, Lace, Pearls, Recollections Metalic Natural Leaves from Michael's







5 comments:

  1. This card almost leaves me speechless, it is so beautifully done. I am so sorry for your loss, I also lost my Mother to cancer two years ago. I know what you mean about the memories, I am so blessed to have so many memories of my Mother's love for me. I miss her so much. I'm going to be making a Mother's day card too, but it will be going to my Mother's best friend, I think she misses my Mother almost as much as I do...Thank you for the Mother's day wishes. Hope you have a very special day too! Blessings, Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card!!!!! Gorgeous use of the dies

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beyond Beautiful Leanne!! Amazing details as always! You knock my socks off!!!! Totally WoW!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a most gorgeous card Leanne!! I am e-mailing you about the vintage download. Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really gorgeous. Love the colors and those cuts. TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking your time to comment. I love hearing from you. Thanks....

Don't Forget To Leave A Comment...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...