Sunday, April 29, 2012

Gold Medallion And Pink Pearls



Whoops......There is a little bo-bo on this card.  I'll let you take a look at it and see if you can't notice it yourself?  It's a bit subtle.  I didn't notice it right away either.  Keep reading and you will find my explanation to the problem.




A few weeks back it was my sister-in-laws birthday and I made this card and gave it to her.  I think she was pleasantly surprised when she opened it.  She told me in email it was another "Master Piece" of mine.  Well...not sure you can call it that but....perhaps just another pretty card.

You may be wondering what are the metal gold medallions in the center?  Well...last year I was at a stamp show and I picked these up from a vendor called "Scrapyard 329".  I think they were only $1 with four inside the packet and I felt I couldn't pass them up and would be able to use them somehow on a card at some point.  I then added to each center of the metal medallion a few self adhesive embellishments (pink pearls studs) to the center that I had from Prima Marketing Inc.


Still wondering about my Whoops....? You may have noticed that the white pearl in the top center had slipped down lower than the top right and left pearls. Unfortunately, I did not notice before taking the picture.  It was NOT intended to be off center as shown in the picture.  Since I already gave the card to my sister-in-law I was not able to retake my picture before posting.  I think you'll forgive me for that?  LOL!


Thanks for stopping by and be sure tell your stamping friends to stop on by also.  Till then...may your week be a happy one.  Blessings.....





Supplies Used:
Stamps: None
Paper: Light Pink from Michaels, Whisper White
Ink: None
Punches: EK Success/Morocco Lace Edge Punch

Embossing Folder: None
Die Cuts: Spellbinders Shapeablitlites Fancy Tags, Spellbinders Fleur De Lis Squares

Accessories: Say It In Studs/Prima Marketing Inc. Embellishments #530976, Scrapy Yard 329 Metal Embellishments #7029800202, White Pearls, Pink Satin Ribbon

3 comments:

  1. This is absolutely stunning! I kept searching and searching trying to find your mistake. It wasn't until I read your explanation that I saw it. I was so busy looking at all your beautiful details...that I totally missed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leanne :) This is GORGEOUS!! Wow. I love your medallions, and the border punched at bottom and the labels used. So soft and pretty. You definately have a "Leanne Style" and I could pick out your card in a haystack easily :) LOVELY!! Hope you had a great week. Sorry I've been very preoccupied these past couple weeks. What's new in your neck of the woods?? :) Hugs, Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your cards but this one is absolutely stunning. I love pink and white and this is so dainty!!!! Gorgeous work girl. I'm hosting a big scenic stamping retreat this week for Stampscapes and other companies, 21 of us will stamp about 12 hours a day this week. I will be keeping an eye out for those medallions at the next convention!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking your time to comment. I love hearing from you. Thanks....

Don't Forget To Leave A Comment...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...