Sunday, February 19, 2012

Sea Shells Galore...



I feel like I'm already at the beach. 
How about you? 
I had fun creating this card because I just thought of the warm tropical breezes with blue ocean water and sea shells washing up on the beach all the while I was gluing on each little shell on this card.  I was sure to use light blue paper for the background to help co-inside with the feeling of the beautiful light blue water that is so prevalent in the Caribbean.  I then used some gauge that I had in the house and colored it green and blue on the background with my inks.  I had hoped this would give it the look of an old fishing net.  However, I really didn't have much room for the gauge on this small card of 5 1/2 X 4 1/4 to really show it off. 



Close ups for you.



I also had a $1.00 stamp that I used for stamping the little sea shells to the front of the card.  How about that ity, bitty, real star fish?  I just love that!
The flowers remind me a bit of water Lilly's.  Although, water Lillie's are not from the the ocean?  Just water related.




Next time your at the ocean grab a
few little shells for your next card.
Thanks for joining me here today.

Blessings to each of you...

 

Stamps: $Stamps with seashells,
Just Right Stamps/Kindness  CL02095
Paper: Ice Blue/from PaperCut.com
Ink: Embossing Powder/from Sprinkle & Sparkle called Butterscotch
Punches: None
Die Cuts: Spellbinders Labels Twenty, Cherry Lynn Designs Fanciful Flourish B117
Embossing Folder: Cuttlebug/Scroll Work

Accessories: Real Sea Shells from the Ocean, Silk flowers,Gauge, Pearls, Tiny Bow,


2 comments:

  1. Oh wow... be still my heart!! (not literally please!!) LOL. I just ♥ the ocean and we just found a perfect beach home last summer that we rented and we already have it booked for this August. I can't wait to go back there. Your card takes me there --- how WONDERFUL!! LOVING all those gorgeous seashells and spellbinders and flourishy leaves. So calming. We brought back 4 large ziploc bags full of shells last summer and I have yet to use them on a card. You might have just motivated me to try it!! *Ü* Stay tune! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking your time to comment. I love hearing from you. Thanks....

Don't Forget To Leave A Comment...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...