Sunday, November 27, 2011

Masculine Birthday Card...It's A Man's World...




Fly Fishing!!!!  Now that's a man's world isn't it? 

I finally got around to posting a masculine mans card for you. I know I've had a lot of feminine cards on my site but decided it was time to share something more masculine.   My brother lives to fish and travels around the world fly fishing and sometimes teaching his favorite sport when he can.  He sent this picture to me a long time ago and I decided to take it and use it for his Birthday card. (I made a copy on my scanner, and  shrunk the size down  down to print and saved the original.).   I think he will feel a great sentiment to this card when he receives it.  It will bring back fond memories of where he was at that time fishing with his buddies and that I used it for his Birthday card years later. 

The bird feather attached was actually lying on my driveway.  I found it lying there one day and I said to myself..."I can use this on a card for an embellishment".   The leaf is also from my yard.  It's fun to pick up natural things and use them on your cards when ever possible? 




As you look closer you will see more of what I did to this card.

I also had some needle point material.  I frayed the edges and used it for the back ground of the picture.  I ripped an old page from a book and embossed it with my Cuttlebug embossing folder called "Script".  I then lightly colored the script with brown ink.  The script writing helps add depth and a more masculine feel. I used a black button and tied a bow through it with white twine. Then added some pine branches with my Martha Stewart punch.  And made my own homemade photo corners on two corners only.  I used black Stazon for the Happy Birthday stamp.  Also I added two masculine brads to the top right corner. 

Next time your thinking of a mans card and run out of ideas.  Come on back to my blog and check this out again for inspiration.  Hope you like it?  Hope you all have a good week?



Blessings to all…
Leanne


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking your time to comment. I love hearing from you. Thanks....

Don't Forget To Leave A Comment...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...