Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Heat Embossing on Vellum...


Here we are together again and I hope your enjoying stopping by my place each week?  I know many of you stop by but are hesitant to leave me a message.  Remember....one stamper to another loves comments.  So don't be shy.  I'm looking forward to hearing from you.  Let's have your thoughts on this one?

It is my dearest girlfriends birthday in Oct and I wanted her to have this card because I think it turned out superb.  Plus, I know purple is one of her favorite colors.  I was able to hand deliver this to her and she was estaic with pleasure as to how pretty this was.  Happy Birthday blessings to my dear friend Lena.  Hope your special day is as special as your friendship has been to me through the many years?

I'll try to keep this sweet and short today.  Lets talk about heat embossing on Vellum  and how tricky it can be.   For those of you who may not do heat embossing much, always remember that while using the heat gun on vellum paper you must move the heat gun around your paper allot so that it will not burn one particular spot, because leaving the gun in one area for to long definalty will burn the paper.  I know it's happened to me when I first started trying to heat emboss on velum. 

 I love the way the white embossing powder looks on the vellum paper. I chose a flourishes stamp I had amongst my collection and used my white embossing powder on the vellum paper. I think white on white always looks so stunning. The pretty butterfly is colored slightly with Pearl Ex water colors in the center with a pretty lavender color to match the card.  I then added a few flourishes made with iridescent white chip board.   Then adding some pretty lace and lavender rhinestones along with a flowered deep purple rose with leaves.   And lastly a cute little white boarder to help finish it off.


 
Hoping your day or week is going well?  May God continue to surround you with his love and keep each of you safe in the palm of his hand....






Blessings to all….Leanne

3 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! Thank you for sharing it. I'm going to go look at the rest of your blog now, and see what other beautiful things there are to see. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Attaching vellum without the adhesive showing is a problem for me. How do you attach yours?
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so GORGEOUS!! Thank you for sharing your tip on embossing on vellum. I'm getting ready to do it for a card, so I was looking around for tips. Have a blessed day!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking your time to comment. I love hearing from you. Thanks....

Don't Forget To Leave A Comment...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...