Monday, April 11, 2011

Pretty In Pink...

I have entered this card in  Our Daily Bread Design 

           

And away we go... I want to share with you today this pretty little card all in pink.  I love using pink when doing my cards.  It seems like I'm totally driven to work with pinks allot.  Don't know why?

I love my stamp called "En Francais" from Stampin'Up. Seems like I get tons of use out of that stamp.  I heat embossed the stamp in pink embossing powder called ~"Petal Pink"~ from Sprinkle N Sparkle and used it for the background.  Then I used my Spellbinders die cut (called) Labels Nine for the top portion  of the outer layer. The  inside layer was stamped with Stampin'Up's Jumbo Wheel called ~"Very Vintage"~ along with Stampin'Up's classic stamp pad ink called... (Of course, what else???? LOL!)  ~"Pretty In Pink"~. Then I used my Spellbinder die cut called "Fleur De Lis" and used the smaller die cut that comes with it and cut one in half to add to the left and right bottom corners and the another one on the top.  Added pearls and small bow and its ready to go.....

Now... I really liked this card so I got busy and made another one just like it and decided I would give it to my close friend Pat for her birthday this month.


The Hershey Candy Bar before it was wrapped.

Here's how they all looked together to give Pat.


I wanted her to have something to open with her card so  I covered a huge ~ Hershey Candy Bar ~ and made it to match, as close as possible.  I then also wanted her envelope to match her card so I lined the envelope to match.  I then took one of my clear Cello envelopes and wrapped the candy bar in it with a small satin bow and added a home made tag that said  ~ Happy Birthday ~ on it.  Here's how it all looked when it was all finished.
It's always fun planing and making something special for a special friend.

Blessings to all….Leanne






4 comments:

  1. Leanne, this is such a beautiful gift set!! Who knew that a Hershey bar could look so AMAZING? I love the softness of it all in the pink and white!! Thanks for taking the time to play along in this weeks Shining the Light Challenge over at ODBD! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunning gift set!! I just love the pink and white and your elegant design. You sure have done a beautiful job with the "No Coloring" challenge. Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the light challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another beautiful card. Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful work. also love your web page
    erin b

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking your time to comment. I love hearing from you. Thanks....

Don't Forget To Leave A Comment...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...