Sunday, April 3, 2011

A Little Watercoloring...

Glad to have you back friends...
Coming up with different ideas and not making each card look the same is sometimes a little tricky? Now...this card in my opinion looks a bit flat...I mean there is no silk flowers added to this one. I believe raised or dimensional flowers really add a nice touch.  However, it's not realistic in mailing them that way.  So I did that on purpose for this card.  Reason being...is it can be mailed through the postal service easily.  

With this card I used the Spellbinders Nestabilities Fleur De Lis die cut  for each corner.  I then used my stamp from "Me and Carry Lou Stamps" - Pansy Corner H-123.  I took the stamp and hand colored each flower and leaf individually with my Tom Bo Water Color Pens before stamping onto water color paper.  I then water colored the flowers with my pens to lightly add a bit of color to each flower and cut them out and attached them to each side.  I used my small fern leaf punch from "Punch Bunch" to add more leaves.  The bible verse is computer generated.  I added the silver rhinestone flourishes to ad BLING, BLING to both corners. Then lastly, I put lavender photo corner tags in two corners of the card.  This card has a little bit of everything. 

Blessings to all...Leanne

7 comments:

  1. This is very pretty. I like the bling. Thanks for joining us again at Stampin Sisters in Christ.

    Hint - next time you link a card make sure that you link just the post that has the challenge card rather than you blog. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leanne love this card,
    cool layout, flowers look so pretty.
    God bless
    Karen (kaz)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand what you are saying about the card seeming to be too flat, but it is a beautiful, very well done card, non-the-less.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card. I struggle with cards that are hard to mail too!! A lady at my church commented on how much I had to pay for postage to mail her card. It was so thick I had to put it in a box! :) I love the way the flowers were watercolored and those punched leaves add so much. Thanks for sharing your beautiful creation at Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous! I love the dreamy feel of the watercolored corner flowers and the bling is a beautiful touch! Thanks for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Leanne - this is divine - I know what you mean about not having thick fowers - bit you have no worries here - this is gorgeous! Love the colours and the added bling - love it! It is great having you play along with the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge - we love to see you and be inspired by your creations! {{{hugs}}}
    Linda SSIC Design Team

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking your time to comment. I love hearing from you. Thanks....

Don't Forget To Leave A Comment...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...